Thursday, August 9, 2012

Philly Cheesesteaks

My bestie came for a visit a few weeks ago and we had cheesesteaks. Ever since, I have not been able to cure my craving for one so I decided I would make a batch. This is an extremely easy meal, takes 30 minutes to cook, and has minimal dishes. This particular version made 3 servings. You can manipulate this recipe to suit your taste buds. If you love garlic, use more than two cloves, if you hate it, don't use any. If you like mozzarella (or any other cheese) more than provolone, use it. More peppers and onions? Don't mind if I do! I don't have a true recipe for this, but this is what I did.

Ingredients
I used two skillets, one for meat and a second for the peppers/onions. 

I used round tip steak for this recipe

Add a few drizzles of EVOO to your meat skillet and 3 tbsp of butter to your veggie skillet, turn the heat on medium for both, while waiting for the oil to get hot and the butter to melt, cut up your onions and peppers in the size that you like. I used red peppers because I am not crazy about the taste of green peppers, but most people will use green peppers on cheesesteaks.

1 red bell pepper and 1/2 onion

Add peppers and onions to the butter to caramelize. After they are added, chop up your meat to the size you like. The veggies will take slightly longer than the meat to cook.


I used the micro plane grater to grate two cloves of garlic in with my meat. I chose to cut my meat into cubes. Stir it occasionally until it has browned.


I added the veggies to my meat after everything was done so the flavors could get to know one another before they landed in my belly.


I scooped meat, veggies, and the good sauce that was at the bottom of the pan onto a hoagie roll. Added two pieces of provolone cheese to the top, microwaved for 15 seconds to allow the cheese to melt, then ate it up. 



Philly Cheesesteaks

3 tbsp butter
2 tsp EVOO
2 cloves garlic
1 onion
1 bell pepper
1 lb round tip steak
provolone cheese

Slice onion and pepper and add to melted butter to caramelize. Cook steak with minced garlic until browned. Add cooked pepper and onion to cooked steak and stir. Spoon on top of a hoagie roll and top with two slices of provolone cheese. Melt in microwave for 15 seconds. Enjoy! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment